Cigarette Facts that Each Smoker Would Like to Know
• According to an Indian myth gods have sent a woman on the earth to save people from hunger. Wherever her right hand touched – vegetables and fruit grew, and wherever her left hand touched – crop grew. After the world was saved and the land was fruitful, the woman sat down, and when he stood up, there appeared a sprout of tobacco leaf.
• Tobacco plant was found for the first time more than 6000 years ago.
• The first smoker is considered to be Rodrigo de Jeres, one of the Columbus’ sailors.
• In 15th century tobacco appeared in Japan, being actively spread by the Buddhist monks.
• In 17th century Mongolian and Chinese emperors put to death all smokers.
• However Russian tsars introduced similar penalty for the outrage of smoking: first time lawbreakers were beaten and even sent to exile in Siberia. As about second-time
offenders they were killed.
• Approximately at the same time in the American colonies John Rolfe marries an Indian princess Pocahontas and they started to grow tobacco crop in order to help poor settlers.
• But could you ever imagine that Santa Claus or a president would advertise cigarette. However it is true, at particular times, tobacco manufacturers used Santa Claus image to advertise such brands as Camel, Lucky Strike and Pall Mall; and even former USA president Ronald Reagan advised smokers to smoke Chesterfield cigarettes.
• According to findings during World War I and World War II, soldiers were handed cigarettes as part of their daily allowance.
• The sixth president of United States, John Quincy Adams shared his smoking experience with Samuel Cox, a journalist, who was writing a book about tobacco and smoking. President said that he started smoking when he was a teenager, however when he understood that its tome to quit, it took him more that three months.
• Probably the longest cigarette commercial is the one from Mad Men. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHD1V051S2w&feature=related)
• At present smokers all around the world have the possibility to order their favorite cigarette brands from online cigarette stores that sell premium quality smoking products at discount prices.By Robert Smith, Staff Writer Copyright © 2012 CigarettesPub.net All rights reserved.